Tips: Living in Bandung for Expatriat
Expatriates with better incomes tend to live in Setra Sari, Setia Budhi, with a few in the Buat Batu and Kopo areas.
A few tips from local expat residensts:
* Kota Kembang Taxi is not recommended. Blue Bird, Gemarih Pah, and Gemah Ripah are the best taxi companies in Bandung to utilize.
* OBC Guest House is a nice place to stay for a month or more. It is about Rp 1,500,000 a month. It’s right behind UNPAR Economics Building.
* If you like R&B, Klub Pesta and another at the top of the Lippo Tower are the best spots.
* For the best massage in the world, go to the Hyatt Hotel in the fitness room
* The owner of Toko Setiabudhi is a good contact for Taekwondo groups.
* Most expats live in northern part of Bandung or in Lembang.
* Many major fast food chains are present in shopping malls.
Aston Bandung Hotel and ResidenceAston Bandung Hotel and Residence
Jl. Braga No. 99-101
Bandung 40111 West Java
Tel. (62-22) 8446-0000
Fax (62-22) 8446-0003
Aston Bandung Hotel & Residence is a hotel property that offers its guests total comfort for lengthy or short stays in Bandung. At the Aston Bandung Hotel and Residence you are strategically located for easy access to meet all your needs in the heart of the city. The hotel features 40 hotel rooms including Superior, Deluxe, Executive, and hotel suites as well as 121 condotel units with 2 and 3 bedrooms, making Aston Bandung Hotel and Residence the perfect choice for families, business travelers and tourists alike. Guests are pampered by our many facilities. High speed internet access can be easily connected in the lobby area, lounge, business center and coffee shop. Whenever you need assistance for your meeting, our bilingual staff is always at your service with secretarial help in the Business Center. The unique mix of facilities and an ideal location make Aston Bandung Hotel and Residence the perfect place to stay, hold a meeting or take up residence in Bandung.
For shopping, Pasar Baru in Pasir Kaliki is recommended.There, you can bargain for clothes. Pasar Baru will be hectic after lunch time. Not only fabrics and clothing are avilalbe there, but also a food court, jewellry stores, and bag counters.Another shopping locale is Kings; it sells clothes, bags. For shopping malls, PVJ is nicer than Istana Plaza in Pasir Kaliki. PVJ is in Sukajadi, a little bit farther than Istana Plaza. There is a Carrefour, Gramedia bookstore, Sogo Department Store, Body Shop, Crocs Store, J.Co, Taiwanese Restaurant, Duta Suara Musik, Gelato, Auntie Anne's Pretzel, Lemonade Cafe at the back side, Blizt Theatre, and Papaya Mart (sells many imported product from Japan, Korea, European and American).
* Good shopping at Carefour, Hero, Giant and Toko Setiabudi.
* Clothing – Pleanty of shopping malls (Bandung Indah Plaza, Bandung Supermall, Instana Plaza) and Factory outlets
* Hardware stores – ACE Hardware in Instana Plaza and Sunia Raya street.
* Electronic stores specializing in cell phones, laptops, etc can be found in Bandung Electronic Centre in front of CCF. You can bargain on the cell phone prices.
* For weekend banking transactions, can go to BCA in BTC-only for deposits and withdrawals. Open on Saturday and Sunday from 10am up to 2pm (CS-021.55.999.888).
* For travel to Jakarta, you can use Cipaganti travel in BTC (to various Jakarta destinations - South, North, West, East, Bekasi, Depok, Soekarno-Hatta Int'l Airport (24h) for reservations call 022.612.6650. From Bandung to Jakarta or from Jakarta to Bandung,the cost is Rp 60.000-it will be different if you want to go to the Airport, they will pick you up from your house and the cost around Rp 120.000. The best seat for you to sit on is in the front, next to the driver.
International Schools in Bandung
Jl. Dayang Sumbi 3
Tel. (62) 022 2506195
Fax (62) 022 2506197
Honorary Consualte of France in Bandung
Centre Culturel Français
Jalan Purnawarman N°32
Phone (022) 421 2417
Fax (022) 420 7877
Honorary Consulate of the Republic Hungary
Honorary Consul : Eduard Eddy Sugiri)
Honorary Consulate of the Republic Hungary
JL. Padasaluyu Utara II/ 3
Bandung, West Java 40154
Phone : 2010354, 2010355
After hours : 2010354
Hours Monday to Friday , 9a.m - 5p.m WIB
Hungary Visa application, information about tourism (available on brochures and booklets) and weekly newsletter by e-mail.
City public transportation is easy to get around with.The Angkot public transport costs around Rp 1.500 or Rp 2.000 per ride (5/2008) If you prefer to travel by taxi, just use Blue Bird by phone (022-756.1234). It will come to your place 5 minutes before your time, but expect delays during rush hour.
House/ Apartment for Rent Information / Guide
If you need information for house or apartment for rent, you can visit http://www.rumahbandung123.com or contact Pak Tommy (022-76743214)